Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Newel Posts & Balusters (aka: Railing)

Deadlines are rapidly approaching.
Newel posts are built:


We've also been sanding, sanding, and sanding some more:

End Caps

Balusters



I think I sanded for like 3 days- STRAIGHT.  The Hubs told me I needed to sand 52 balusters.  He cut them all out and it was my job to sand.  I didn't think it would be too bad...  little did I know that each baluster needed to be sanded FOUR separate times.  80 grit, 120 grit, 180 grit, and finally 220 grit.  There are 4 sides to each baluster.  Do you realize how much sanding that is?

I believe this is the time that my family took over parenting our children.  No joke.  It was nonstop work from here on out.  We felt so guilty, but so grateful for them taking care of the boys.

No comments: