Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mantle

The mantle has been a work in progress for a while now.
We weren't going to put a fireplace in at the beginning, and then I'm not really sure what happened.  We slipped a fireplace in and then decided to hold off on finishing it until we closed/moved in.  Well, that was ONE MORE THING to add to The Hubs' TO DO list.  Poor guy still busted out an amazing mantle.  Just how I wanted it!

My Dad gave me a piece of sheetrock that we could put up around the fireplace for the tile to adhere to.  I had to shove it into the jeep to get it out to the house.  Don't worry, we're a titch white trash!

The kids loved having "a bridge" on top of them!

I chose a stacked travertine tile to put around the fireplace.  I think it added just the right amount of texture that we needed.

Next up:  Chunky wood top.
I'll post the finished product soon!

No comments: