Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Progress

The past 2 days have been a whirlwind.
I wasn't sure what to even title this post.
The floor is finished.  The cabinets have started to be installed.  The railing is white.  The island is in place.
PROGRESS.
We are tired.

This island is my Dad's BABY!  He sprayed it- start to finish.
It looks beautiful!
I chose (with my sister's help!) Lead from Kwal.  I thought it would be a little more charcoal looking, but it appears blue with the natural light.  I actually like it.  
Thank you Dad for doing such a great job on this!
And thank you for working so hard to help us!
And a HUGE shout out to The Hubs for designing such a beautiful island.  He kept the shaker style going on the island.  He also knows me too well and built it so that it can come apart in 3 big pieces, so when I am ready to change the color, it won't be too much of a hassle to re-spray it!
He's a thinker- that's for sure! 

 I almost feel like crying right now as I write this post.
This railing is my BABY and I feel so happy, exhausted, and proud all at the same time.
The Hubs did an amazing job making my vision a reality.  Everyone (and probably The Hubs too) thought I was crazy when I said I wanted an ALL WOOD, WHITE RAILING.
But isn't it beautiful?   
I will re-tape each baluster and prepare to stain that piece of wood that lines the floor.   I had to custom match the stain at Sherwin Williams to match the flooring.

No comments: